On Tap Plumbing and Heating Limited
24 Riverdale Court, Brundall, NR13 5AE
Tel: 01603 717628 Mob: 07775 633561
KITCHENS / BATHROOMS / HEATING / PLUMBING
© On Tap Plumbing & Heating Ltd
A power flush from On Taps is one of the best things you can do to improve the efficiency of your central heating and prolong the life of your boiler.
Corrosion within central heating systems accounts for 90% of all system/boiler failures. Power flushing is the most efficient and effective method of cleansing a central heating system. The principle is to create a powerful fresh water flow under controlled conditions to remove debris from the system. By connecting the power flushing unit to the heating circuit in place of the system pump, boiler or radiator the circuit can be thoroughly cleansed of limescale and corrosion debris. When used in conjunction with a powerful chemical cleanser a typical power flush can be completed in approx 3-4 hours (depending on system size).
• Reduce fuel wastage. Without treatment, corrosion debris will accumulate in the boiler causing limescale deposits, reduced heat transfer and up to a third of a fuel bill going to complete waste.
• Reduce boiler noise. Noise increases in frequency and intensity as deposits of sludge and scale build up in an unprotected boiler.
• Reduce cold spots. The familiar cool low central area of a radiator indicates a build-up of black sludge sediment that restricts flow and reduces heat.
• Reduce need for frequent venting. When the top of a radiator is cold during operation, either air or hydrogen is to blame. Hydrogen gas builds up as a by-product of electrolytic corrosion and is flammable (due caution is required).
• Prevent pump seizure and failure. The abrasive and magnetic properties of black oxide sludge increase shaft and bearing wear in pumps causing them to stick or fail.
All new systems should be pre-commission cleansed in accordance with BS:7593 and Benchmark. This ensures flux residues, excess jointing compounds, mineral oil and other contaminants that can be found in the system following installation, and that can effect the performance of the system or cause component failure, are removed. Powerflushing prolongs system life.
Treat your Central Heating to a Power Flush